Thursday, August 14, 2008

More Possibilities

The other night at work was a true eye opener. It was me and one other aide for 33 patients. It was busy, crazy and not an environment I felt safe working in at that point. We were running ragged by the time the morning came around. To top things off, a patient coded and died in the last hour of our shift. I froze. The CNA's are the ones that perform CPR. Thank God the aid from upstairs got to the scene first. I watched a patient die that shouldn't have died. So, it became clear to me that I have to get out of health care. I may be an okay CNA, but this is not what I wish to do forever. This is not something I wish to continue with more education. The decision to pursue a non medical job and career have now became my desire. Watching a patient die isn't something new. However, it was a culmination of the entire night that made me realize healthcare is no longer the profession I should be in. Employers care more about saving money by cutting staff than keeping patients safe and satisfied.


On the otherhand, speaking of health care....I've been sick...alot this week. Headaches, nausea/vomitting, aches, and fever. I feel like crap.

No comments: