Saturday, August 30, 2008

Life.

This past couple of weeks has been very interesting. I resigned from my position at the hospital, for one. After seeing some things happen that shouldn't have, and dreading work every night due to over working the CNA's, I quit. Leaving a job, especially after working there just a short while is not something I like to do. But, sometimes, you have to realize that if you don't like what your doing, it's time to change.

I applied to OSU the 14th of August, and was accepted the 18th. Yes, classes started the 18th too! I enrolled the 20th and went to class the 22nd. I am getting my degree in elementary education. All of my high school "career tests" indicated I would be great at teaching or counseling. So, since I like kids and did always want to be a teacher when I was younger, I thought why not? My classes are going great. I enjoy learning some new things and feel like there are endless possibilities now. Thankfully, I qualified for plenty of financial aid so I don't have to work this semester or next unless I just want to. It's been a long time since I have been in that position.

As for the health watch....It's getting better I think. I've lost 10 pounds in the past two weeks. I'm finally down to 195. My goal is another 45 pounds. After next week I'm going to start going to the Colvin center on the days I have class.

Shaw has surgery on his parathyroid Tuesday. He's nervous--actually very nervous about it. I can't blame him, he's going to have his throat slit open. If they accidently sever one nerve he will have a hoarse voice forever, if they cut both of them, he'll have to have an emergency tracheotomy and won't be able to talk. Scary! I'll update after he has surgery.

No comments: