Saturday, June 14, 2008

Considering Options

Recent events have left me contemplating if I should continue my education beyond my associate of science degree, and massage certification. The health field is something I really enjoy, primarily allied health careers. So, after researching some information online, I have narrowed it down to two options.

The first option is to go to a school in Tulsa again for my AAS in physical therapy assisting. It would take one year of pre-reqs, and 5 semesters of training. So, in 3 years, I could be a licensed PTA making lots of $$.

Option two, would allow me to attend Langston (half the distance as Tulsa), and finish my bachelors degree. Then, I would have to apply for the physical therapy program in Langston, which is another 2 years. So, it would take 5 years, and I could be a PT making even more $$$$.

Both options would allow us to live pretty well. Either choice would have limitless employment opportunities. Futhermore, it would be an excellent backup for when my current employer is no longer in business, should that time every come. Each road will be long and difficult, but worth it in the end...now if I can just decide on which one I'm going to do! :)

No comments: