Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wow, Where Did The Time Go?

Okay, so I havn't updated this blog in such a long time! Little did I realize it has been over three months since I last blogged here! It's been such a busy three months, I do not even know where to begin.

In October, I began back to work at Southern Oaks Nursing Home three nights a week after classes each night. AFter months there, I am still there. I am very attached to some of the residents again. Many are there that were there the last time I worked there from June 2005 through July 2007. Some remembered me and were very happy to have me back in their lives. Now, it's Christmas time, and we got to choose "angels" with the residents names on them. I chose one of a gentleman in which I have had a good relationship with since beginning work there 3 1/2 years ago. For some reason, he stands out to me and so I chose him. Since the items on his list are very generic (I don't think they really ask the residents what they want), I am going to add a few items along with what is on the list.

ALso, some great things happened since September. I was offered my position back at the physicians office doing massage therapy twice a week. Also, I have been allowed to set up shop in a salon over in Fairfax. I'm getting lots of work for the doctor, and steadily building my business up in Fairfax.

Tonight, we are expecting ice. It's Oklahoma...it went from 73 degrees today to a mere 17 degrees in less than ten hours. In a short 3 hours it went from 73 to 33. Where else can you find such a large change?! Nowhere! We are expecting ice tonight, but we shall see what happens. It wouldn't be bad getting a day off, but we shall see.

Sari is growing into such a big girl! She's writing sentences now that are phonetically correct. It's amazing how much she has learned and developed this year! She is active in girl scouts DAisies. Her troop earned their first patch last Thursday for knowing the Girl Scout promise. Her besties CAssidy and Kourtney also go...not to mention they all have the same haircut! Sari has made so many new friends in Cushing. She loves her friends, and has had several boyfriends this year...one at church and one at school...sometimes two. She's a lil heartbreaker already!

Shaw has been given a wonderful opportunity to go back to school. The VA has offered to pay his tuition, fees, expenses AND give him a monthly additional salary. He will obtain his degree in human resources and management. The next two years he will be back in college with all the young kids. hehe This has been a plus for us because I was able to cut back on work one night a week...so we are all excited about that as well.

Our church ward's Christmas social is this weekend. I think I'm going to bake my homemade apple and peach pies to take with us. It's the first church social I will be able to attend, so I am very excited! If anybody has any great dessert ideas I'd love to hear them!

Lastly, Shaw and I have been discussing our issues with not getting pregnant easily, etc. We have decided that if we are unable to conceive before he graduates (2 years), we will adopt. We want more children, and do not mind if adopt. The main issue is the legal costs. However, pregnancy is difficult for us due to my PCOS. Therefore, chances of us conceiving a viable pregnancy is very low. So, we are exploring other options to having more children. Our hearts are big enough to love children that may not be biologically ours. It is something I have always had the desire to do, and perhaps in a few years we will do it, depending on how things go.

Well, that is all for now. It's late and I must try to get some sleep so I can massage the patients at the clinic! That's IF I don't get iced in the house! :)

1 comment:

Ty and Meg said...

Loved reading your update! You do sound VERY busy. It also sounds like you have had a lot of great opputunities open up to you and your family lately.

How was your ward Christmas party? We are on the activities commitee in our ward, so we had to pull our whole Christmas party together. It was a lot of work. But a lot of fun.

My good friend and her husband are looking into adoption right now due to PCOS. I think they are going to go through LDS child services. They have a great program and it isn't out of control expensive like some adoption agencies.

I hope you guys had a great Christmas!!

Love ya,

Meg